Born and raised in London, actress and designer Lisa VanderPump had quite an unusual childhood. She lived in Monte Carlo and the South of France, where she developed her passion for the stage. At the age of nine she attended a drama school and appeared in a number of children’s films and TV series.Soon, she became known for designing various homes and yachts. Lisa VanderPump has also worked on the 26 bars and restaurants she owns with her husband, Ken Todd.Years later she moved to California and made her mark. She manages Villa Blanca, a celebrity hangout located in Beverly Hills, as well as Sur in West Hollywood. Aside from these business ventures, she has also written for Beverly Hills Lifestyle magazine. She even has a skin care line called “Epione,” which she developed with her partner Dr. Simon Ourian. Another aspect of her work is fashion, as she designs most of her clothes with her friend Christina Makowsky and Alan Del Rosario.
Lisa Vanderpump Fast Facts:
- Was a child actor; made professional debut in the 1973 comedy flick A Touch of Class.
- Appeared in several music videos for British New Wave band ABC in the 1980s.
- Has owned more than 25 bars and restaurants along with her husband, Kenneth.
- Has lived in England, France and Beverly Hills.
- Released her first book in 2011, a cookbook and guide to hosting parties called Simply Divine: A Guide to Easy, Elegant, and Affordable Entertaining.
- Recorded a cover of the Shirelles’ 1961 hit single “Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow” in 2011 with help from friend Lionel Richie.