Shaquille O’Neal born March 6, 1972, nicknamed “Shaq” is a former American professional basketball player. Standing 7 ft 1 in all and weighing 325 pounds, he was one of the heaviest players ever to play in the NBA. Throughout his 19-year career, O’Neal used his size and strength to overpower opponents for points and rebounds.
- Nicknames: “Shaq,” “Diesel,” “The Big Aristotle,” “Superman”
- “Shaquille” means “little warrior” in Arabic
- Had roles in films including Blue Chips and Kazaam
- Cut several rap CD’s
- Sworn in as an officer of the Bedford County, VA sheriff’s office in August, 2005; in December, became a reserve officer on Miami Beach’s police force (salary is $1/yr)
- he finished fifth all-time in scoring, with four titles and one MVP. Member of Lakers‘ three-peat champions (2000-2002), earning Finals MVP all three years. Made the NBA’s Top 50 team when he was only 23 He added another ring with the Heat (2005-06).